Friday, April 2, 2010

Computer died !


My TX1000 motherboard died two weeks ago, after testing some clients RAM modules on it !
I had no mobile computing system until today - i "builded" a Laptop out of 2 broken ones given to me by clients (one of them had a broken screen and the other had a burned motherboard).
This system has 512MB of DDR RAM, 1.7GHz Centrino (first generation) processor and 60GB IDE HDD. Well... i thought of installing Ubuntu on it. Well well... if it had decent screen resolution (anything higher than 1024x768) i would keep it for veeeery long since ubuntu 10.04 on it after some recent kernel updates just FLIES ! Almost as i am using my "dead" TURION 64bit 4GB RAM system. I'll stick with this unit until ASUS UL30JT or ACER 3820T comes out. Really, i am very impressed of the performance ! Back in business !

No comments:

Post a Comment